Monday, January 11, 2010

Working "all things together for good".

The verse from Romans 8:28 has always been one of my favorites and I do believe I have reached the point of knowing for sure that God is working things out in my life according to his big picture. Can we know for sure?
Do I wonder what tomorrow will hold for me and my family? Yes, of course, but I am not anxious like I used to be. Another good verse to remember is "Do not worry or fret; it only causes harm." I make it personal by praying: "I will not worry or fret - it only causes me harm."
And what about that "timing"? A few years ago my watch stopped. I noted it stopped at 2:20. For several days I didn't go to buy a battery, but did miss having the watch. I was going to take trip to Minnesota - a wonderful annual event - and needed to get my watch running again.
So I took it to a local drug store and asked the sales person to find a battery for me and install it please. :-)
Just as he did that I noted the time on a big clock in the store - 2:20. I felt God was telling me something. I opened my Bible when I got home and found Psalm 31:15. "My times are in Your hands, deliver me from the hands of my enemies and those who pursue me."
So to me, that verse along with Romans 8:28 tells me God is working all things out for me and in His perfect timing. I will rest in those truths!

No comments:

Post a Comment